The Master of Science in Business Analytics will equip graduates with "Big Data" analytical skills that will allow them to help their respective companies sift through and analyze large data sets and uncover patterns and insights that will give their firms a valuable competitive advantage. Students with an undergraduate accounting degree should also be able to take sufficient accounting courses to become licensed as a CPA in the state of South Carolina.
The program goals are to:
- Provide students with the knowledge of the three areas of data analytics: descriptive (data mining and data visualization), prescriptive (optimization and simulation), and predictive (forecasting and regression analysis).
- Provide students with a practical experience with the popular analytics software tools and languages such as SAS and R.
- Provide students with the necessary skills to design creative data analytics solutions to complex business problems.
The student learning objectives are that upon completing the MSBA program, graduates will be able to:
- Access, clean, and mine data.
- Analyze, interpret, and visually display data.
- Model, analyze, and determine an optimal solution to business problems.
- Provide estimates about the likelihood of future values of a business metric.
- Use popular analytics software tools and languages (e.g.: SAS and R).
- Conduct analyses and communicate the results in a clear business language to inform business decisions.
|I. Required Courses
|Introduction to Quantitative Analysis and Programming
|Data Mining and Management
|Predictive Analytics and Forecasting
|Principles of Business Analytics
|Select three of the following:
|International Accounting and Consolidations
|Data Governance, Law, and Ethics
|Business Process and Operations Analytics
|Programming for Analytics
|Web & Social Media Analytics
|Master of Science in Nursing:
|Advanced Digital & Information Literacy for Nurses
|Advanced Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
|Data Analysis in the Healthcare System
|Evidence Based Practice Project I
|Master of Science in Informatics:
|Health Services Research Methods and Analytics